The new Mod. OFRL Compact rotary laser cutting system sums up and meets all needs related to the working of curved elements for paper industry use, and thanks to its compact structure it is suitable for environments with narrow spaces. The OFRL Compact model can cut curved elements up to 3,000 mm of length, with a diameter ranging from 177 mm to 760 mm, by making use of laser sources with a power ranging from 1000W up to 3000W (Slab Rofin Sinar). By increasing the laser source power, the cutting speed will also increase (continuous and/or pulse cutting) resulting in a higher production capacity of the machine.
The OFRL Compact model is equipped with :
- a cutting head that works axially,
- a foot-plate that always ensures the right focusing of the cutting head on the material to be worked, by compensating for any material thickness differences,
- a next-generation CNC Smart Manager Numeric Control which allows, through an appropriate Post Processor, connection with all CAD’s existing on the market that can generate DXF files and/or other vector file formats.
This model can also be integrated with some devices that are necessary to develop further workings required by the curved surface of die-boards:
- Milling unit: equipped with automatic tool change, drawn from a 3-position warehouse (up to a maximum of 6 on request). The system also includes a metal screw detector for screws that fix the die-board to the wood supports, so as to avoid contact between the screw and the milling tool. Accuracy of the milling depth is also guaranteed by the presence of a foot-plate of the material being worked, which always ensures the right position of the cutting head by compensating for any material thickness differences.
- Galvanometer unit: it is used to carry out logos, codes , etc., by engraving on the die-board curved surface, in such a way as to report identification information of the product being worked.
All described units (cutting head, milling unit, galvanometer unit ) run along a linear-motor axis, which ensures rapid sliding and a higher fluidity of movement. As a support and integration of the OFRL Compact model, a pre-mounting system is available, which is equipped with automatic pneumatic locking of the wood flanges, where the curved die-board rests on, and is fixed by metal screws. The pre-mounting device is equipped with a LED light system that shows the points where screws need to be fixed on the die-boards. Internet connection is also available between the machine and the manufacturing company for remote technical support.